It is no big news that my design aesthetic is quite eclectic. So I was thrilled when my friend Caitlin and her boyfriend decided to decorate their home with a bohemian theme!
So lets start with the "gypsy stereotype":
To me the image above is actually quite awesome... except that Caitlin does not live in a caravan! So, how can we adapt this concept to a stylish couple (and their breathtaking ocean view apt)?
A gypsy-inspired aesthetic is about a high-low approach, where creativity is more important than money, and travel, color, decor, fashion come together in an expanded interpretation of free expression.
10 ideas on how to translate a free spirit lifestyle into your environment:
1. An ikat headboard (or any other quirky print).
2. A hoop canopy hanging above the bed.
3. A hammock.
5. An oversized moroccan mirror.
7. Framed tapestry becomes your piece of art.
8. Colorful ratan chairs
9. Antique maps - a great way to reflect (and feed) your inner-gypsy!
10. Oh you need pillows. Like lots of them. Pillows of different sizes, pillows of different prints, pillows of different color ways, pillows of different textures.
* Last but not least, a neutral grey sectional might be just the perfect backdrop for all the colors and styles being clashed.